Skip to main content

Bummed, Then Not so Bummed

Maybe it's because I have no one to celebrate my winning the tournament with. Maybe it's cuz I ate food after midnight which is stupid for the body. Maybe because I am sitting in four layers of clothes listening to loud snoring fifteen feet away with no door or wall. Maybe because I need sleep but I will not sleep. Because I came back here to this again tonight. Maybe because this. So the daily blog was not as excited as it should have been tonight. We won the tournament, after all. And Happy Birthday Precious. Maybe because I am feeling so alone.

It will pass, it always does. The most important meeting of the month is tomorrow and I have hours of prep to do for it and I need to be clear headed all day to do that and that will only happen with caffeine because I won't sleep tonight, so the passing may take longer than it should. I may eat some more, which certainly won't help much, but it'll keep me warm. The snoring is amazingly loud.

I should start counting down the days...

21?

This email thread will likely not last nearly as long as the others...

so many loose threads in the tapestry of our lives
friends who left us hanging, some husbands, some wives
family abandoned and an unfinished song
so many loose threads it almost seems it's wrong

still there is hope (there's always hope, I hope)
and if I hope there's always hope, there's always hope
it makes sense to me, but then, no one ever knows
the madness is the madness is all that shows

still I love to play with words
I wish I knew somebody who
loves words as much as I do

still my dreams may be absurd
the perfect love, the perfect peace
the perfect world sharing release

with everybody caring as if we were family
that is real even if it's only real to me

so still there is hope (there's always hope, I hope)
and if I hope there's always hope, there's always hope
it makes sense to me, but then, no one ever knows
the madness is the madness is all that shows

so many loose threads in the tapestry of our times
people who are hating, in actions, in rhymes
anger seems to be the mainlined drug of choice these days
that is why in my head is were most of me stays
where my dream is real and this song always plays...

still there is hope (there's always hope, I hope)
and if I hope there's always hope, there's always hope
it makes sense to me, but then, no one ever knows
the madness is the madness is all that shows

the perfect love, the perfect peace
the perfect world sharing release
with everybody caring as if we were family
in my head this is reality... to me.

who has a beautiful mind, who's a good boy, you're a good boy, yes you are...

lol lam as I wag my tail and pat myself on the head...

I was obviously a happy puppy in another life...

see?... I am not so bummed anymore...

it always works...

hug...

hl,
me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still The Same

Every now and then I get a little bit lonely, but it's almost always by choice. Or forgetfulness. I wonder if you understand that. I don't know if anyone ever has. That, in and of itself, is lonely. I learned self-control as a survival skill before I knew how to define or describe what I was doing. Instinct saved me from so much, and eventually, I learned that everything I thought or felt was a choice. My choice. It isolated me so much from others, It still does. I did everything I could to try to forget this. I did everything I could to try to forget who I am, what I can do, and how it feels to be me. It didn't work. I did it for love. You are sometimes uncomfortable around me and I'm not sure if you know why. It is because I can feel everything and you can feel that and it scares you. It is your hypersensitivity. You don't know how to be comfortable with all you feel, especially because there are so many sad and painful feelings in this world and I feel ev...

The Writer On Beauty and Happiness

I once wanted to see myself as a writer, as a person gifted with a skill to put words together to say profound and wondrous things, to amaze readers with thoughts and emotions that would open their minds and free them from the shackles of fears that oppress us from without and from outside in this culture. What I have found in sharing personal letters is that most people personalize the thoughts and feeling in the words to a point where they either fall in love or become defensive, accepting the concepts and therein the person who they do not really know or rejecting them before ever knowing them. This is an attempt to reach beyond that superficial and over-personalized communication, an attempt to find your mind open, objective, and even eager to understand the concepts, thoughts, feelings, and playfulness in these words without judging the writer, without leaping to any assumptions or conclusions that you know me. For how can anyone truly know another without spending time lookin...

Time Goes By So...

Slowly? Only when you pay attention. Otherwise, time goes by way too fast. Two songs in there, at least, if you're paying attention. Anyway, this next set of letters can be called Sent and Not Sent, or Sent and Unsent, as the brief one was sent and the longer one (cut short still), was not sent. There are reasons that may or may not become clear in the reading, and if you understand, wonderful. If you let me know, amazing. If you never know, no worries, enjoy your life anyway. Sent I used to write so much and for years I exchanged emails with many people. Before email, snail mail. Pen pals, friends... I felt connected, cared for, alive in other people's hearts and minds and it felt very good. It's all gone now and that sometimes makes me feel very sad, alone, nobody. Make the most of your relationships. Take care of the connections. You, more than me, even, thrive on the people who know and care about you. It takes time, work, and sacrifice. To stay connected. To stay...