Skip to main content

Miss You Tonight

The previous email is so very important to me, and so were some other previous emails, in case it matters :)

Meanwhile, I miss you tonight, so I came to write this...
I miss you tonight
so I came to write
this song for you

You were my best friend
and that doesn't end
in a heart that's true

Now the little time
I put in this rhyme
may reflect the way things are

but still you live on in my heart
you are never gone
no matter how far you are

I miss just watching TV with you silently
I miss sharing an evening meal
I miss helping each other process our days
and understanding the way we feel
I miss sharing softball and tennis and more
and cheering our teams, no matter the score
I miss checking in just to know we were alright
I miss just saying good morning and good night
love you - that felt so right
saying nite nite, love you
made everything alright

I miss knowing you always cared
and you were always there
if I needed anything

I miss everything we shared
and I just want you to be aware
I am here for you
anything I can do
I will do for you

I miss every little thing
that best friends do
I miss a heart so true
I miss you
The ending definitely needs work, but there you are. I'm going to sleep now. Nite nite, love you. :)

hl,
me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still The Same

Every now and then I get a little bit lonely, but it's almost always by choice. Or forgetfulness. I wonder if you understand that. I don't know if anyone ever has. That, in and of itself, is lonely. I learned self-control as a survival skill before I knew how to define or describe what I was doing. Instinct saved me from so much, and eventually, I learned that everything I thought or felt was a choice. My choice. It isolated me so much from others, It still does. I did everything I could to try to forget this. I did everything I could to try to forget who I am, what I can do, and how it feels to be me. It didn't work. I did it for love. You are sometimes uncomfortable around me and I'm not sure if you know why. It is because I can feel everything and you can feel that and it scares you. It is your hypersensitivity. You don't know how to be comfortable with all you feel, especially because there are so many sad and painful feelings in this world and I feel ev...

Time Goes By So...

Slowly? Only when you pay attention. Otherwise, time goes by way too fast. Two songs in there, at least, if you're paying attention. Anyway, this next set of letters can be called Sent and Not Sent, or Sent and Unsent, as the brief one was sent and the longer one (cut short still), was not sent. There are reasons that may or may not become clear in the reading, and if you understand, wonderful. If you let me know, amazing. If you never know, no worries, enjoy your life anyway. Sent I used to write so much and for years I exchanged emails with many people. Before email, snail mail. Pen pals, friends... I felt connected, cared for, alive in other people's hearts and minds and it felt very good. It's all gone now and that sometimes makes me feel very sad, alone, nobody. Make the most of your relationships. Take care of the connections. You, more than me, even, thrive on the people who know and care about you. It takes time, work, and sacrifice. To stay connected. To stay...

The Writer On Beauty and Happiness

I once wanted to see myself as a writer, as a person gifted with a skill to put words together to say profound and wondrous things, to amaze readers with thoughts and emotions that would open their minds and free them from the shackles of fears that oppress us from without and from outside in this culture. What I have found in sharing personal letters is that most people personalize the thoughts and feeling in the words to a point where they either fall in love or become defensive, accepting the concepts and therein the person who they do not really know or rejecting them before ever knowing them. This is an attempt to reach beyond that superficial and over-personalized communication, an attempt to find your mind open, objective, and even eager to understand the concepts, thoughts, feelings, and playfulness in these words without judging the writer, without leaping to any assumptions or conclusions that you know me. For how can anyone truly know another without spending time lookin...