Skip to main content

And When I Believe You Love Me

And when I believe you love me...
I think about you every night
before I fall asleep
some may tell you that isn't right
but promises must keep
nobody says good night to me
it feels like no one cares
if I don't wake up in the morning
how long will I lay there

I wonder things like who will care
to cremate me and say goodbye
apologies for the subject
but someday we all die
it doesn't scare me to know this
what bother's me, I guess
is knowing I may have no one
who will clean up the mess

I wrote a song long time ago
back in the early years
when I explored who I am
and overcame my fears
the links remain to express me
to anyone who cares
the night is the most lonely time
because no one is here
the time nobody shares

So excuse me for telling you
how much I miss the time
of nite nite love you BFF
is it such a crime?
my hope is that you find a smile
in knowing that I care
and still appreciate you now
every time you share

So now I lay me down to sleep
and hope tomorrow smiles
thank you for reading these words
for just a little while
I hope to find someone who will
come right out of the blue
until I do, just now and then
I'll say these words to you
nite nite, sleep tight, love you
nite nite, steep tight, live you

Awwww, yeah, I am such a sappy sentimental mushy emo old fool, I know. But isn't that really what life is all about, I mean, isn't love what makes life worth living more than anything else? Yeah, so I make-believe family and I make-believe love and I make-believe intimacy and trust and each night I go to sleep wishing for a real life partner and someone who will want to be with me always... and that's what matters most to me in this world. Maybe I am dreaming the impossible dream (queue song, Don Quixote lol) but I will never give up (and never surrender) cuz I am just stubborn like that. There's always hope I'll find someone.

I write what we now call a blog just about every day. I use it to record life, amuse myself, distract myself, and keep in touch with myself and my dreams. Mostly, in recent years, I distract myself more than anything else. The dream, however, lives on. It's good to know. :)

Somewhere in you, buried deep where nobody can see (hopefully you show Tina), I know there is a romantic heart that understand my dream. That is why I thank you for understand me, or at least this obsession with love part of me. To love and be loved is why I exist. I've been partnerless a very long time. You help me remember why I am alive because you have the desire to love and be loved too. I am so happy you found someone right for you. You give me hope to carry on (sappy old song, time to exit, stage left lol).

This is the stuff shared by BFFs, I think.

Nite nite, love you. :)

honest love,
me


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Writer On Beauty and Happiness

I once wanted to see myself as a writer, as a person gifted with a skill to put words together to say profound and wondrous things, to amaze readers with thoughts and emotions that would open their minds and free them from the shackles of fears that oppress us from without and from outside in this culture. What I have found in sharing personal letters is that most people personalize the thoughts and feeling in the words to a point where they either fall in love or become defensive, accepting the concepts and therein the person who they do not really know or rejecting them before ever knowing them. This is an attempt to reach beyond that superficial and over-personalized communication, an attempt to find your mind open, objective, and even eager to understand the concepts, thoughts, feelings, and playfulness in these words without judging the writer, without leaping to any assumptions or conclusions that you know me. For how can anyone truly know another without spending time lookin

This Is Me (An Illusion)

Hopeful? Or is it an illusion that a therapist would label as unhealthy with a classification and medication? I won't give up on love it's my obsession some dream of a god above my dream goes in another direction I don't want promises from someone I can't see I want to look in someone's eyes and know they see me I won't give up on hope it's my perfection as long as there is hope in me my dream lives in a state of reflection I don't want compromises from someone in sympathy I want to hold someone's hand and feel they feel me It's a story often told in fairy tales of old to children laced with laughter a happily ever after I believed it is true and still believe, I do As foolish as it may seem true love is my only dream I won't give up on life it's my affection sometimes it cuts like a knife my dream is without harmful complexion I don't want empowered fear in my reality I want someone to share everyt

Owie

I just want someone who cares about me to know that my leg is so hurting a lot, so much that I don’t know if I’ll sleep tonight, but we won the game and the ball that may have broken my leg bounced straight to the first baseman and ended up ending the firs inning with bases loaded and they didn't score which is good so I’m laughing, even though I can’t find a comfortable position and have no ice but just wanted somebody who cares to I know. I think I’m going to survive. Maybe even sleep a little later. Just wanted you to know. I hate stressing you out. But I just wanted someone who cares about me to know so I don't feel so alone. So thank you, love you, night night.